The department in its efforts to provide a forum for professionals in the areas of Librarianship, Information Science,
Information Security, Archives and Records Management etc to report research activities, findings and new ideas is organizing
a seminar series.
Papers are therefore solicited from library and information science professionals in all the identified areas for presentation.
Presenters are requested to strictly adhere to the following guidelines:
- Authors' name, address, phone number and email should be typed and provided with the title of the papers.
- All papers should be typed double spaced and accompanied by an abstract of 150-200 words, written in past tense
and without citing any literature.
- Twenty five copies of each paper intended for presentation should be submitted to the secretary seminar committee.
- Authors should use the APA format (6th edition) of referencing.
- Papers should not be more than 15 pages A4 including references. Topic and subtopics must be 14 points font size
while the other content should be 12 points font size double spaced, and Time New Roman font type.
- Papers that are well presented and accepted by the panel will be published in the departmental
journal at a rate to be decided by the editorial team.
- Papers that are not accepted after presentation would be serialised into seminar proceedings by the department.
- All serialised articles would attract the sum of five thousand naira (N5, 000) only.
- All papers should be submitted with twenty five to thirty (25-30) power point slides on CD and a non refundable
fee of N5, 000 in cash.
- Date, time and venue of presentation will be publicised to the general public and communicated to all presenters
in advance to enable them prepare.
- The conference will be held in September, 2016 (between 21st and 22nd).