The Dress Code Implementation Committee constituted by the Vice Chancellor, has put
forward the following descriptions and elements as to what constitutes indecent and offensive dressing in
Ahmadu Bello University. They are:
- Short and skimpy dresses. Eg body hugs, show-me-your-chest, spaghetti wears and dresses exposing
- Tights, short and skirts that are above knees (except for sporting purposes).
- Tattered jeans with holes.
- Transparent and see through dresses
- Tight fitting. Eg jeans skirts, hip star, patra, lakra, etc that reveal the contour of the body.
- Under-clothing, such as singlet worn publicly.
- Unkempt appearance, such as bushy hair and beards.
- Dresses that make it impossible to wear laboratory coat during practical or participate actively
in practical fees.
- Long and tight skirts which are opened in front or at the sides which reveals sensitive parts as
the wearer moves on.
- Wearing of T-shirt with obscene captions
- Shirts without buttons or not properly buttoned, leaving the wearer bare chested.
- Wearing of earrings by male student.
- Plaiting or weaving of hair by male student.
- Wearing of colored eye glass, not on medical grounds in the classroom.
- Wearing of bathroom slippers to classrooms (not on medical grounds).
- Wearing of trousers that stop between knee and ankle.
For the purpose of identification, such as in examination halls, lecture theatres and security matters,
every students shall be identified by his or her face.
1st offender: To appear before Unit Dress Code Implementation Committee for Counseling.
2nd offender : To be sent out of classroom, library, office, clinic, etc.
3rd offender: To appear before Advisory Committee on Students Discipline